Aroma ARC-733G 3-Cup Pot-Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer

Aroma ARC-733G 3-Cup Pot-Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer Review


See more picture


I bought this rice cooker about a year ago, and waited to write my review as many people said that they had issues with their rice cooker crapping out after a short time. We use this a couple of times a week and so far, no mechanical problems that I can tell. Overall, we're pretty pleased with it and it's a good deal for how inexpensive it is. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but hey, it cooks rice so that's what counts, right?br /br /General comments about it:br /br /1. Perfect rice, every time - provided you use the measuring cup that is included. If you measure out the cups of rice/water with a regular measuring cup, for some reason the water doesn't completely get absorbed and you have gummy wet rice.br /br /2. Rice WILL stick to the bottom of the pot. I use a little spray oil to coat the bottom before I put the rice in, which helps with clean-up. However, I still usually have to soak it for a bit. It cleans up well after that.br /br /3. No automatic off - you have to unplug the unit to turn it off. While I am in the habit of unplugging it as soon as it's done (also, to minimize rice build-up on the bottom), it's something to be aware of.br /br /4. The click to indicate that it is done cooking is pretty loud, but if you wander more than about 30 feet away you won't hear it.br /br /5. Small - fits through a ridiculously narrow cabinet door I have. br /br /6. It cooks pretty quickly, not more than 10 minutes even with the max amount of rice/water.

Aroma ARC-733G 3-Cup Pot-Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer Feature

  • Easy-to-use 3-cup rice cooker uses 3 cups of raw rice and makes up to 6 cups of cooked rice
  • 1-touch operation; steams seafood and vegetables; automatic keep-warm
  • Indicator lights; tempered glass lid; stay-cool handles for safe transport
  • Includes measuring cup, steam rack, rice paddle, and instruction manual
  • Measures approximately 8 by 8-1/5 by 10 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Take the multi-tasking out of your meal with the 3-Cup Rice Cooker from Aroma. This practical little appliance beautifully prepares any type of rice and even steams meat and vegetables. All you have to do is turn it on; when cooking is finished it automatically switches to keep-warm mode. The tempered glass lid allows you to monitor your foods as they cook without releasing the steam. Includes measuring cup, rice spatula and wire rack for steaming. Takes 3 cups of uncooked rice and prepares up to 6 cups of cooked rice.


Check price now

Related Products

Customer Reviews

fool proof rice - almost! - Jillian Ferrari -
I just got this a few days ago and boy am I happy! About as easy as it gets. Does everything for you with a push of a button. The only problem I've had so far has been cooking brown rice. Just hasn't worked for me. That is ME though and not the cooker. Found some great videos online that I think will help a lot, so I'm back in the game.br /br /I eat a lot of rice and will be using this a lot!! Well worth the investment for me.



May 15, 2010 08:08:10

0 comments:

Post a Comment