Sunpentown SC-889 10-Cup Stainless-Steed Rice Cooker and Steamer Review
Sunpentown SC-889 10-Cup Stainless-Steed Rice Cooker and Steamer Feature
- 10-cup rice cooker and steamer with easy one-touch operation
- Auto shut-off; auto keep-warm mode with manual "warm" switch turned on
- Handy indicator lights; stay-cool side handles for safe transport
- ETL-approved; stainless-steel exterior, inner cooking pot, and lid
- Measures 13-3/4 by 11-1/4 by 11 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Check price now
Related Products
Customer Reviews
Sunpentown rice cooker SC-889 - Sunshine Girl -
I bought this Sunpentown rice cooker in July 2008 at 8. After 9 months, a tiny hole was found on the bottom of the inner pot. The hole was big enough allowing liquid in and out during cooking. I had the pot replaced. However, 6 months later, same thing happened to the second inner pot. This rice cooker definitely has quality problem. I wish I didn't buy it. Now I end up with replacing the inner pot every several months or wasting 8 in 15 months.br /br /I definitely do not recommend to buy this rice cooker.
Not Recommended - Olympic 2008 - TX, USA
For the health, we really like to buy one rice cooker with a stainless steel inner pot. So we found this one finally. After several tries, we can cook brown rice and it turns out OK. But when we tried to use it to steam vegetable, it is totally disaster. The green all turned to yellow. We also do not like the design - you have to add water between inner pot and outer shell. It is very difficult to clean up. The design also makes it very hard to remove the inner pot when it has full of hot liquid. And it does not come with a steam plate. Usually, other rice cookers do provide one. It is overpriced. I will try the Stainless Steel Rice Cooker Model ME81 the next time. Overall, not recommended.
May 13, 2010 02:32:07
0 comments:
Post a Comment