Aroma ARC-914B Cool-Touch 2-Cup to 8-Cup Rice Cooker and Steamer, White with Black Control Panel

Aroma ARC-914B Cool-Touch 2-Cup to 8-Cup Rice Cooker and Steamer, White with Black Control Panel Review


See more picture


My parents have this Aroma rice cooker, whereas I have a cheaper Black and Decker at my own apartment. So I have experience with rice cookers and I must say that this Aroma one is pretty good.br /br /For one thing, I like the locking lid, as opposed to a removable glass lid (like on my Black and Decker) with a hole in it. This means less clean-up. However, it also means that the cooking vessel can't serve as its own pot that you could just put directly into the fridge with leftovers; cheaper rice cookers with glass lids effectively increase you storage capacity, in a way. But it's a minor quibble.br /br /Best of all, this Aroma unit consistently makes good rice without ever burning the bottom or producing a sticky starchy layer at the bottom. My Black and Decker, as good as it is, ALWAYS produces a slightly toasted starchy layer at the bottom.br /br /The unit is not super-fast, but not slow either. I can make two cups of dry brown rice in about 40 minutes.br /br /This unit isn't huge, though, and I don't think it can make more than three dry cups of brown rice. If you're cooking for more than two people, you might want to get larger unit.br /br /Lastly, the steam vent does occasionally produce some excess water which drips out of the unit onto the surrounding area. It's only done this once so far, but make sure to keep an eye out if you have papers or other electronics nearby.

Aroma ARC-914B Cool-Touch 2-Cup to 8-Cup Rice Cooker and Steamer, White with Black Control Panel Feature

  • 4-cup rice cooker makes up to 8 cups of cooked rice quickly and easily
  • 1-touch operation; steams seafood and vegetables; automatic keep-warm
  • Locking lid for safety; cool-touch exterior and handle; removable nonstick inner pot
  • Includes measuring cup, steam rack, rice paddle, instruction manual, and recipes
  • Measures 8-1/2 by 8-2/3 by 9 inches; 1-year limited warranty
Take the guesswork out of rice preparation. This sleek, stylish appliance does it all for you at the touch of a button. No need to monitor your rice over a hot stove, it senses when the rice is perfectly cooked and automatically switches to warming mode, keeping your rice ready-to-serve for up to 12 hours. The removable inner pot makes serving and clean-up quick and easy. The attractive white finish with black accents makes it stylish enough to leave on your counter, while its compact design and detachable power cord make it convenient to store. Includes rice paddle and measuring cup.


Check price now

Related Products

Customer Reviews

do not buy it - Reuben H. Presas - San Antonio Tx
I purchased an Aroma rice cooker and after I used it twice the lid would not seal. br /I contacted the company and they never even bothered to reply. Lousy product, lousy customer service. Wasted money and time. I will never buy another Aroma product.

Works like a rice cooker should - L. Bareman - Azusa, CA
Works great, just like a rice cooker ought to. Not a steamer, as some other reviews have mentioned. Good size for us (a couple with no kids), and small enough to fit in our tiny kitchen. Also nice that it doesn't have pink flowers on top. br /Sometimes spits a little when opening it too quickly (but most rice cookers are prone to that if they


Mar 10, 2010 14:04:04

0 comments:

Post a Comment