Zojirushi NSLAC05XA Rice Cooker Warmer

Zojirushi NSLAC05XA Rice Cooker Warmer Review


See more picture


The Zo' is a competent rice cooker. It's easy to make good rice, just fill with water, drop in the rice, select the type of rice you're cooking and hit the `cooker' button. Timed cooking, the type we do most often, is just as easy and only requires one more step.br /The bowl is cast aluminum with a thick coating of Teflon, both inside and out, that will most likely last for years. The markings inside the bowl are easy to read in contrasting white and they are raised which makes them very easy to see and use.br /I thought the retracting cord and spoon holder were just gimmicks but they are both handy additions to the cooker.br /It cleans easily too. The top just pops out and the bowl is a cinch to wash, no different then any small pot and there is no need for an external steam cup to catch any overflow like on many other cookers.br /We buy grains in bulk and rice too. I like the organic short grain brown rice and it cooks perfectly but I did have to play with the water to rice ratio just a bit which I think is normal. It only took about two or three tries to get rice just the way we like it.br /I don't like the display, you have to stand back to see it clearly. They should have used one with a better field of view, you can buy a .00 clock that is easier to read. Also the rice takes a long time to cook, over an hour and a half for some types of rice. We don't eat white rice so you may find that you can use the quick cook setting for a shorter cooking time.br /I don't have another cooker to compare the fuzzy logic to so I can't say how effective it is over a non fuzzy logic cooker but it does make very good rice consistently.br /The price is comparatively high but I think the quality is there. The cooker is made in China but I'd say under strict supervision from Zojirushi as the fit and finish are excellent and the cooker has a quality look to it.br /

Zojirushi NSLAC05XA Rice Cooker Warmer Feature

  • Model No.: NS-LAC05
  • Capacity: 3-c.
  • Volts/Watts: 120-volt/ 450-watt
  • Origin: China
  • Material: Stainless steel exterior
The Micom Rice Cooker Warmer is compact yet versatile, and ideal for singles and smaller families. Its clear-coated stainless steel exterior keeps it clean and makes it durable. The micro computer chip inside automatically makes adjustments to temperature and heating time while the spherical inner cooking pan provides even heating to cook perfect rice every time. Menus include white/sushi, porridge, brown and quick cooking. Other features include automatic keep warm, extra large color LCD display and clock and timer functions. Zojirushi Micom Rice Cooker Warmer Videos


Check price now

Related Products

Customer Reviews


Just love my Zojirushi Rice Cooker - Rev. Patrick -
Although I have to admit I have only used this rice cooker in the 'Quick Cook' mode, the rice has come out perfect each and every time. Two Japanese cups provide for about 4 servings of perfectly cooked basmati rice. What impresses me the most are the high quality materials and attention to detail in its design.


Mar 04, 2010 09:10:05

0 comments:

Post a Comment