Oster 4722 3-Cups Uncooked/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker with Steaming Tray, Red

Oster 4722 3-Cups Uncooked/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker with Steaming Tray, Red Review


See more picture


I just got this cooker today, so durability is not something I can rate yet.br /br /These are the things I like;br /br /1. No plastic. This was important for me. Both the bottom rice cooker and the steamer tray are metal. The lid is glass.br /br /2. Nice and compact. I cook for my wife and myself, so I don't something huge, and of course storage space is always limited. The steamer tray is small; on the other hand, the manual claims that this can cook up to 5 cups of rice.br /br /3. Easy cleanup. Yes some of the rice made a gooey mess in the bottom, but a little soaking took it all right out.br /br /4. Inexpensive.br /br /5. Multi-purpose. I have used it once so far, and here's what I did. I put some brown rice in the bottom rice cooker, and some salmon, broccoli and cauliflower in the steamer tray. The manual says nothing about steaming anything other than veggies, but I thought I'd try it. The result: Excellent. The salmon was cooked to perfection, and so were the vegetables. So I had a complete, tasty, and healthy meal, all in one cooker, and so long as I was prepared to let the bowl and the tray soak for a bit, cleanup was a breeze. Oh and you can make soups, stews, etc. instead of cooking rice. It's not a large-capacity cooker but it would make plenty of stew for two people.br /br /Things I don't like:br /br /1. No timer. It apparently senses when the steam is gone, and then switches to "warmer" mode automatically. The only control is a switch that goes from "cook" to "warmer." This also means that you have to unplug it to turn it off, though that doesn't bother me.br /br /That's about the only thing I have to carp about so far. It didn't bubble or spit at all.br /br /If I can get at least three or four years of regular (and by regular I mean nearly daily) use out of this thing, I'll consider it an extremely good value.

Oster 4722 3-Cups Uncooked/6-Cup Cooked Rice Cooker with Steaming Tray, Red Feature

  • Cooks a variety of food including rice, soup, fondou and more
  • Prepares up to 10 cups of rice
  • Includes 1-liter steaming tray
  • Automatic keep warm feature
  • Integrated one-touch operation
Oster's 4722 Rice Cooker and Steamer is the perfect way for couples or small families to make rice perfectly and easily. This rice cooker has a five-cup capacity that amounts to 10 cups of fully cooked rice. The 1-liter steaming tray cooks up healthy vegetables. The cooker can even be used to prepare soups and fondue. And don't worry about different household schedules: The glass lid and keep-warm functions ensure rice won't get cold. Nonstick pot and steaming tray are removable and dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Includes Manufacturer's Warranty.


Check price now

Related Products

Customer Reviews

new item - Mary E. Beeler -
Purchased item as a b day gift for my daughter. She used it the day she received it and was very pleased. The seller was fast and reasonable. No problems

Putting this in the TRASH! - Heather Bucell - Brighton, MA United States
I asked for a rice cooker over the holidays.br /Received this Oster and was happy to have one :Dbr /Every time I cook rice in it, even when stirring it after the fifteen minutesbr /rice is browned and stuck to the bottom. Rice about it is slightly edible; br /definitely more "al dente" than I'd prefer. br /Right now I am using it for the fourth time and smell a heavy burning electrical odor. br /I will go back to using a small covered 1 1/2 quart nonstick sauce pan!


Mar 12, 2010 03:08:07

0 comments:

Post a Comment